What’s the definition of beauty?
More than a thousand 13- to 17-year-old girls recently responded to the Beauty Redefined: Girls and Body Image Survey. Some of what they had to say:
• Fashion is “really important” to three out of five girls.
• Nearly 90 percent say the fashion industry places a lot of pressure on them to be thin. (Um, that’s a size large?)
• Seventy-five percent of girls are more likely to buy clothes they see on “real-size models.”
• Forty-eighty percent wish they were as skinny as models in magazines (yikes!), and 65 percent think the image represented by the fashion industry is too skinny (it is!).
• Sixty-three percent think fashion industry standards are unrealistic (right on!), and 47 percent think it is unhealthy (ditto).
What should you do if you’re being bullied?
Quiz! Who’s Your Celeb Dream Date?
Justin Bieber, Rob Pattinson, Nick Jonas, Zac Efron, Taylor Lautner. ... Take our quiz to discover your ideal date with one of these cuties. Happy Valentine's Day!
When it comes to boys, you are:
Letter to the Editor
Tell us what's on your mind!Click Here