A Girl’s First Shaving Lesson
You want to have smooth legs, silky underarms and a clean bikini line -- but you’re completely clueless? Not anymore. Read on:
Many girls shave in the shower. But when you’re first starting out, shaving your legs by sitting on the edge of the tub might be easier. Here’s how:
1. Dampen legs with a wet washcloth. Never shave legs when they’re dry.
2. Slather on shaving gel, plain soap or bodywash.
3. Begin directly above your ankle, and gently pull the razor upward in a straight line. Don't press the razor too hard -- it should glide along your skin’s surface. Rinse the razor after each stroke.
4. Slow down when shaving around bony parts, such as knees, shins and ankles. Many girls that are first learning to shave stop just below the knee.
5. Pat legs dry with a clean towel. Moisturize with unscented body lotion to keep razor burn at bay.
“I’m an ordinary girl who believed in her dream,” said Australian Jessica Watson, upon reaching her goal of being the youngest person to sail around the world -- nonstop and all alone -- just days before turning 17. Jessica is not to be confused with Abby Sunderland, the 16-year-old American attempting the same feat, whose dream was dashed when her sailboat was damaged during storms in the Indian Ocean. While search-and-rescue teams found Abby to be safe, Jessica had completed her journey and by all accounts broke a world record. But it won’t be recognized officially, as record-keeping organizations no longer honor “youngest” pursuits -- precisely due to the controversy regarding safety that now swirls around Abby’s incident. “The important thing is that Abby is safe and well,” Jessica told reporters. “That’s all that matters.”
What’s your opinion? Should minors be allowed to pursue world records -- and their dreams -- even in the face of prospective danger? We want to know what you think!
What should you do if you’re being bullied?
Quiz! Who’s Your Celeb Dream Date?
Justin Bieber, Rob Pattinson, Nick Jonas, Zac Efron, Taylor Lautner. ... Take our quiz to discover your ideal date with one of these cuties. Happy Valentine's Day!
Manuela said …
My bookbag gets so heavy sometimes! Is this bad for my back?
When it comes to boys, you are:
Letter to the Editor
Tell us what's on your mind!Click Here