Have a Model Summer
Flip-flops, bikinis, and sunglasses -- the summer can start! Remember, the key to being beautiful is to know you already are. This summer, take a cue from Germany’s Next Top Model, Alisar Ailabouni, and boost your confidence to look and feel your best all season long.
While Ailabouni loves being on the runway and in front of the camera, she knows the life of a model can be hard. “Behind the stage during the catwalk is very stressful”, said the 21-year-old from Austria in a recent interview for Germany’s Next Top Model.
Being a model takes a lot of the same qualities as being confident in life: You have to work a lot, be ambitious and trust yourself. Never giving up will help you make your dreams come true!
Here’s how to feel like a model this summer:
- Write messages encouraging yourself to stay confident and place them where you can see them every day (on the fridge, in your room and on the bathroom mirror). Read them aloud daily and your confidence will go sky-high.
- Buy yourself something you've been wishing for, even if it’s just something small. Get your favorite candy or a top you’ve been eyeing. Little treats can go a long way in rewarding yourself for being you.
- Work out! Summer is here, and exercise is a great way to feel your best and stay healthy. Go to a gym in your neighborhood, try out a new type of exercise or swim.
- Tell yourself every day, “I’m beautiful because I’m different. I’m beautiful because I’m unique.” Don’t forget that beauty doesn’t last -- what lasts is who you are.
- Do what you love to do. If you like math, German or art, you should focus on that. When you enjoy what you’re doing, you will achieve more, and your self-confidence will grow.
- Trust yourself and your dreams. You can make it! Even if you’ve had a bad day, focus on what you want to achieve. When you reach your goals, you’ll see that everything was worth it.
- Last but not least, smile! Think how lucky you are that so many people around you love you. Remember: You don’t have to be gorgeous to be a model, because beauty comes from inside.