Beauty Trends: Steal the Look of Your Favorite Celebrity
From Taylor Swift’s red-carpet eyes to Miranda Cosgrove’s everyday luscious lip, we show you easy step-by-steps on how to get the glam looks of your favorite celebs.
Miranda Cosgrove’s Dewy Lips
Get Miranda’s au naturel pucker in just three easy steps.
1. If your lips are dry, exfoliate them with a bit of sugar, water and a toothbrush. Then apply your go-to moisturizer, lip balm or lip treatment.
2. Choose a neutral lip shade that adds just a pop of color to your natural lips. This can be a lipstick or stain. Apply it all over your lips.
3. Give your lips a swipe of clear or gold shimmer gloss, concentrating the shine on the inner parts of your lips and gradually decreasing the amount as you move outward. Piece of cake!
Taylor Swift’s Smoldering Cat Eye
Want to copy Taylor’s trademark smoky eye?
1. Brush a cream or white shadow all over your lids. This will be your base.
2. Line eyes with a black or dark-gray pencil liner (both top and bottom), extending the top line a little past your eye. Using a cotton swab, smudge the eyeliner in toward your lash line.
3. Apply a light-colored, shimmery shadow all over your eyelid up to your brow bone. Also add a bit to the inner corners of your eyes.
4. Apply a dark-colored shadow over your eyelid just up to the crease. Add extra shadow into your crease for dramatic definition. Blend shadow together with a brush or your finger.
5. Apply two coats of black mascara to your lashes. Get ready to steal the spotlight!
Selena Gomez’s Messy Side-braid
Nab Selena’s boho-chic braids in less than five minutes. (This look requires medium-length or long hair.)
1. Lightly tease the top of your mane to create a bit of volume.
2. Make a part on the right or left side of your head -- your choice!
3. Gather hair toward the side of your head, opposite your part, and braid it all the way down. Secure with a hair tie.
4. Gently pull a few strands of hair from your braid to get the messy look. Spray with a shot of hair spray to hold. Sport this easy ’do at school, on a date -- wherever!
Miley Cyrus’ Sun-kissed Glow
Miley is always stepping out like a bronzed goddess. Instantly get her glow with these super-quick tricks -- no sun needed!
1. Begin with a clean, moisturized face. Apply a thin layer of illuminating powder primer all over.
2. Grab your bronzer and a big fluffy brush. Sweep a small amount of bronzer across your forehead, down your nose, and on your cheeks and jawline. You’re targeting spots where the sun would naturally hit your face. Don’t forget to blend a bit into your neck.
3. Dab a bit more color onto your brush and define your cheekbones, just like you’d apply blush. Now you’re ready for summer!
Photo: Getty Images